The Mighty Writing Process
Identify key components that will lead to strong development of the writers ideas.
- Examine, Analyze, Organize
- prepare to write by gathering and organizing and ideas (pre-writing)
- generate ideas for writing by reading, discussing and reflecting
- select and narrow a topic from generated ideas
- identify audience, purpose and medium
- use a variety of graphic organizers to help organize information
Compose a written draft.
- draft ideas on paper in an organized manner
- use voice to fit the purpose and audience
- use vivid language
- identify and use effective leads and endings
Share your writing with peers.
- be open to suggestion - be critical of the writing, not the writer
- identify areas for elaboration
- identify ideas needing clarification
Improve your writing through suggestions and recommendations.
Edit your writing.
- mechanical correctness
- fluent and legible handwriting
Produce functional text.